Friday, April 24, 2009

Wall Insulation -- Done

Well, today, I was able to complete the installation of the wall insulation.  There is always a caveat -- I dohave some more Styrofoam insulation that I need to put around o ur storage room that is technically part of the garage.

I also nearly completed attaching those metal straps to the wall headers / studs.  I have to put them on the sill plates / studs, but that can be done while the guys put the insulation in the ceiling.

That process should start tomorrow morning...  My drywall guys are supposed to be here at 8AM, and get the ceiling insulation started...

Lots to do yet before drywall, but the list is definitely getting shorter...  I have the blocking to finish in the walls, and I have to catalog the wall locations of the wires (that I'm leaving inside the walls for now).

Also, I would like to predrill the holes in the firring strips to keep them from splitting...

My wife was very helpful this week -- she worked today on staining the window frames and assembling and staining the grills that go into the windows.  We'll have to take the windows out to stain them each one later, but that doesn't have to be done right now.  We wanted to get the frames stained before the drywall / painting.  We'll see if that turns out to be a mistake or not...

So, now, it's a race to get the drywall started...  Thought we'd never get this far!

No comments: