Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Finished with Firring Strips

So, today, I was able to completely finish the firring strips along the top edges of the interior walls.  And, I had the building inspector come to inspect the insulation, but I had to fill the holes in the tops of the walls with foam to act as a fire stop.  I didn't know that before, but I was able to take care of it today.

And, I used the RESCheck utility online to demonstrate that our insulation will pass code (since R-38 would be required otherwise), and I had to print it out and get it ready for him when he comes back.  I have all of that ready, and I put a call in to schedule a re-inspect tomorrow...  So, other than finishing up some blocking in the walls, we should be ready for drywall...

Here is a picture of one of the drywall clips -- followed by a picture showing that I used them to put these strips up and attach them to the walls.  This will allow any truss uplift to occur without cracking the drywall at the corners of the rooms.


The drywall is scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday morning, and my drywall guys hope to get several of the ceilings put up that day, and then they'll do the bathroom walls, which will be nice to get that done...

No comments: