Saturday, June 20, 2009

Door Trim Finished!

Well, I have finished the trim around all the doors inside the house!  I didn't get any for the storage room for garage, so if / when we decide to finish that out, we'll have to get it ourselves, and probably paint it instead of staining it.

Anyway, we are pretty pleased with the way it looks so far.  Next, I'll tackle the baseboard.  I have done most of the master bedroom baseboard, so I have an idea of what I'm in for.  I really dread it, but I know it won't be as bad as it seems once I get started.

Then, after the baseboard, I'll work on the windows -- sills and trim.

We have also put on most of the door knobs and all the bedroom closet shelves and rods are up.  So, we are definitely making good progress...

We have the vanities for the hall bath.  We decided to use two 30" vanities for now to save money as that can be upgraded later.  They are white, and so they match the wall plates.  We have interesting colors, but the dark wood contrasted with the light paints and white really looks nice.

No comments: